Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature of all lists book related, hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. You can click on the link to head to their website for upcoming topics.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Bookish Resolutions!
So without further ado, my 10 Bookish resolutions for 2014 are:
- Goodreads Challenge – Read 70 books. Last year I challenged (and achieved) 100 books. However, I felt at times that I ‘binge-read’ short or quick books purely to up my numbers. So, this year I’ve lowered my number so that I can commit to some longer books.
- Read 3 more of the Cross Stitch (Outlander) series. I’ve read 3 of these already, it’s an epic series and I think there’s another one coming out soon! I’d like to make more headway this year, and maybe even some of the John Grey spin-off novels.
- Blog at least once a week. Now I know that doesn’t sound like a lot, but it doesn’t take much to overload me, and if I over-commit I tend to go too far the other way and just give up. I hope to post more than this, but am not going to push myself.
- More discussion posts – at least one per month
- Post more reviews. Specifically – at least 2 a month
- Get my TBR pile down. I currently have waaaaay too many books sitting on my bookcase unread. So I’m participating in the 2014 TBR Pile Challenge and have committed to 40 books. Find my list and my progress here!
- Read more long books. I have a large number residing on my bookcase, that I’ve been finding intimidating and have been avoiding for a long time! Related to resolution 2. So to facilitate this resolution, I’m also participating in the Chunkster Challenge and have committed to 10 books longer than 450 pages. See my list and follow my progress here!
- Not really bookish but blog related so here it is – I have a fancy shiny new(ish) camera, that I don’t use enough. I want to take more photos and post them on my blog
- Get more organised with my blog posts. I’m TERRIBLE at scheduling, and I write most of my posts and publish immediately. Case in point: writing this TTT post at 8pm on Tuesday. I bought this pretty Kikki K diary again this year and it has month pages in the front. I plan to use the month pages to plan my blog posts!
- Post more quick reviews on Goodreads. I already give star ratings there, but not too many actual reviews. I don’t want – or need – to review all books I read here on my blog, but I want to make more effort on Goodreads, even if it’s just a brief explanation of my star allocation. Follow or friend me on Goodreads!
So there’s my Top Ten Blog/Book Resolutions! Do you have any of the same resolutions? Let me know in the comments!
My third and final challenge for 2014 is the TBR Pile Reading Challenge, hosted here at Bookish!
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you’ve read! (For me: either on my blog or Goodreads)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Short stories and novellas are OK, too! Only books released in 2013 and earlier!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month we will post a wrap-up post, on BOOKISH. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking 😉
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a GRAND PRIZE giveaway.
- You don’t have to follow Bookish Blog to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in giveaways!
I’m going for Sweet Summer Fling at 31-40 books
The challenge for me is not so much reading all the books listed below, but ensuring I review them! Some (probably many) of these reviews will be on Goodreads, but I’m going to try my hardest to post them here too!
Follow my progress here!
- Everything Changes But You by Maggie Alderson
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
- The Twelve (The Passage #2) by Justin Cronin
- All The Summer Girls by Meg Donohue
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander #4) by Diana Gabaldon
- The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) by Diana Gabaldon
- Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Death by Water (Phryne Fisher #15) by Kerry Greenwood
- Murder in the Dark (Phryne Fisher #16) by Kerry Greenwood
- 15 Seconds by Andrew Gross
- The Taker (The Taker #1) by Alma Katsu
- The Reckoning (The Taker #2) by Alma Katsu
- These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
- The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes
- Under the Dome by Stephen King
- The Dinner by Herman Koch
- Summer of Secrets by Alison Lucy
- Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
- The House of Memories by Monica McInerney
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
- Let Me Sing You Gentle Songs by Linda Olsson
- Private Games (Private #3) by James Patterson
- Private: No. 1 Suspect (Private #4) by James Patterson
- Private Berlin (Private #5) by James Patterson
- Private Oz (Private #6) by James Patterson
- Now You See Her by James Patterson
- The Good Woman by Jane Porter
- The Good Daughter by Jane Porter
- The Good Wife by Jane Porter
- Bones are Forever (Brennan #15) by Kathy Reichs
- Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Scarecrow and the Army of Thieves (Shofield #5) by Matthew Reilly
- The Next Always (BoonsBoro Inn #1) by Nora Roberts
- The Last Boyfriend (BoonsBoro Inn #2) by Nora Roberts
- The Perfect Hope (BoonsBoro Inn #3) by Nora Roberts
- Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
- Worth Fighting For: Love, Loss and Moving Forward by Lisa Niemi Swayze