Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature of all lists book related, hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. You can click on the link to head to their website for upcoming topics.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Books That Made Me Cry
I’ve actually written this post before. And like I said that time too, I don’t really cry all that often to books. Anyway. I revisited my Goodreads library, reviewed my books, and updated my list. So some of these are the same as before, and some are new!
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes*
My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
Marley and Me by John Grogan
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern*
Past The Shallows by Favel Parrett*
The Girl in Times Square
*Links to my reviews
Welcome to my monthly post where I let you know what I read in the last month, what I’m currently reading, and the next few books I plan to read.
- 10th Anniversary by James Patterson
- Private Games by James Patterson
- Private: No. 1 Suspect by James Patterson
- Private Berlin by James Patterson
- Private Oz by James Patterson
- The House on Willow Street by Cathy Kelly
- Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- Death by Water by Kerry Greenwood
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt
- Somebody by Anita Anderson
- The House of Memories by Monica McInerney
- Is It Just Me? Confessions of an Over-Sharer by Chrissie Swan
- Darkwater by Georgia Blain
Goodreads Challenge: 15/75
Chunkster Challenge: 1/10
TBR Challenge: 8/40
I had a busy month! Or… I didn’t. So I had lots of time to read! Plus I went home for Christmas and whenever I see my Mum I get a stack of James Patterson books to read. I need to get a little more discerning about which ones I choose to read I think, especially the ones that are co-written, as these seem to be very hit and miss.
- The Suspect by Michael Robotham
- On The Steamy Side by Louisa Edwards
- Barracuda by Christos Tsiolkas
Coming Up Next
- 15 Seconds by Andrew Gross
- Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon
- The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes
- Misery by Stephen King
- Bones are Forever by Kathy Reichs
Check in at the end of the month to see how I went with my upcoming list!
Nichole from NoFriendAsLoyal has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award – Thanks! It’s nice to know that people enjoy reading my blog 🙂
According to the rules, I now have to…
- Display the award certificate on your blog.
- Write a post linking back to the blogger who nominated you, and share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Inform them of their nomination with a comment on their blog.
So 7 things about me.
- I hate the heat. We’re currently experiencing yet another long stretch of 40+ degree days (and 30+ degree nights… ugh) and I can barely think straight. I can’t sleep properly, the gym is so not appealing in this weather, and I cannot even face cooking. Bring on Winter.
- My all time favourite TV show is Criminal Minds. I own all the series on DVD and I do enjoy a good marathon
- I am not good at early mornings – yet I choose to live an hour away from my workplace. Good thing I can sleep on the train!
- I have always been a big reader, from childhood upwards. Mum used to have to pry the book out of my hand to make me eat dinner, breakfast, go to bed and get out of bed. We’d go to the library and I’d walk out with 15 or more books, and be done with half of them in a couple of days
- I am currently studying a post-graduate diploma in Clinical Education
- My favourite genres to read are general fiction, crime novels, and I’m getting more into YA of many genres
- I love strawberries, mangoes and tomatoes – home-grown tomatoes especially
And now I nominate some of my favourite blogs
Looking forward to reading everyone’s posts!