My friend Sara from A Flutterby In Stitches recently nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award!
I started this blog for a couple of reasons. Firstly I read a lot. Always have. But I wanted to challenge myself to start thinking more about the books I read, and putting it out there in a coherent fashion seemed like a good way to ensure I give it a red hot go.
Secondly not many of my friends read as much as I do, and I like talking about the books I read! Or at least recommending the ones I like to people who will (hopefully) appreciate it.
Thirdly, as a bit of an escape from work. I’m a nurse educator, and my workday can be intense, out of control, and just plain BUSY.
For this award I need to tell you 7 things about myself.
1. My commute to work is a 2 hour round trip on the train, which is great because I get to read 🙂
2. My newest hobby is making my own soy candles. I can lose an entire afternoon playing around with colours and scents, and I love finding interesting jars, cups, tins to put candles in, and I love giving homemade gifts
3. Along with novels, I’m also addicted to chocolate
4. My natural hair colour is medium brown, but I colour it cherry red.
5. I am an introvert. My mood (and fatigue levels) dictate how strongly those tendencies come out
6. I can’t function on minimal sleep. At all. Despite being a total night owl, the fact that I have to get up early for work means that I’m in bed by 9:30 usually. Yikes, hello Grandma…
7. My favourite wine is Moscato. Usually Brown Brothers
I’ve only been writing this blog for a short time, so I’m still just starting to make contact with others! In view of this, I’m nominating 2 blogs for this award:
Mary from Bookfan – I love reading her reviews and looking at her new book purchases!
Hannah from So Obsessed With – Her thoughts on book related topics are interesting and well written. Plus, I loved her obsession post on following and commenting habits. Glad I’m not the only one wondering how it all works and how other bloggers do it!